March 18, 2020
In compliance with the measures set forth by the Executive Order N° 044-2020 that declares a National State of Emergency to curb the spread of Coronavirus, and taking into account the announcement made today Wednesday 18 March by the Ministry of Energy and Mines that guarantees the ongoing of mining operations with a minimum essential personnel, Minera Las Bambas would like to communicate the following:
- Las Bambas has been developing demobilisation plans according with the National State of Emergency order and the indications of the Ministry of Energy and Mines. These include the necessary coordinations so that our employees and contractors are able to return home safely after having their health checked.
- Las Bambas has a Management and Response Plan for the prevention and timely diagnosis of suspected Coronavirus cases. This plan includes an information campaign and prevention activities which are being carried out at our operation with the help of a professional medical team. To date no coronavirus cases have been identified among Las Bambas’ employees and its contractors.
- In line with what has been set out by the Ministry of Energy and Mines, we are analysing the necessary activities that will allow us to guarantee the ongoing critical operations on site, as well as the restoration of normal operating levels once the current State of Emergency has ended.
- Our employees who do not work in critical areas are already working from their homes (remote work) as they comply with their usual tasks and schedules.
- Minera Las Bambas confirms its commitment to the given measures stated in the National State of Emergency order and will keep constant coordinations with all national government authorities to protect the health of its employees and ensure the restart of its operations once the order´s period indicated by the authorities ends.